Thursday, December 23, 2010

Laughter Really IS The Best Medicine.

Alright. So yesterday I get off work at 8:30pm from my dead beat job, and I'm in a horrible mood. The boyfriend, however, is there to pick me up from work and take me to his place for some well needed cuddle time. 


Not going to lie, most of the evening I'm in a foul mood and just want to go to sleep, but he and I decide to sit down and read the blog Hyperbole-and-a-half. (Which, if you guys have not read her stuff, do so ASAP. She is HILARIOUS!). Well after reading a few of her blogs and getting some laughs in, I pay a visit to facebook and end up talking to a friend who just posted about giving his dog an IQ test and it being one point away from "doggy genius". Me, being the silly person I am, decide to mention that his dog is probably "simple dog" (read more in Dogs Don't Understand Basic Concepts Like Moving to get the joke). 


Keeping that in mind, the boyfriend and I are sitting there listening to Christmas music when all of a sudden we hear from the song "I LIKE THE SLEIGH RIDE!" in what sounded like an off child's voice. Maybe a kid with a mental handicap? (Autism). And the first thing that goes through my boyfriends head is "You know.. I can imagine John's dog sitting there looking up at him with his head cocked to the side drooling onto the floor trying to sing just like and sing the same words."


Now imagine, if you will that whole thought process the way the kid might have sound and envision the dog like that... 


I don't know about you, but he and I LOST IT at that point. I mean I was laughing so freaking hard that not only was I crying profoundly, but I had even started drooling on his bed.


End of story... after that point, I had a fantastic night and that few minutes of hardcore laughter ultimately made the stress of my day go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment