Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Permanent Mark

I have always wanted a tattoo ever since I was a teenager. Having a tattoo was something I have fantasized about for years, but I could never settle on one thing permanently before I'd think "No.. that would just end up being stupid and I'll regret it.

A few months ago, however, Master and I really started talking about getting myself a tattoo. Something that would mean a whole lot to both of us. But what? I told Master that I LOVE Celtic style stuff so we did some research online and found something very fitting, a Trinity knot. I thought about it for a while and decided I would love to have it on my body, but it needed something else. The knot alone wouldn't be enough. 

First we came up with a color pattern. I wanted the actual knot itself to be a dark red color, one of my favorite colors. Master decided the ring around it should be grey, to represent my collar around my neck. We agreed that this would be a great idea. Next we decided on the Celtic Runes that would go around the symbol itself. It took very little time before we settled on three that was just perfect. They all had meanings that meant a lot to us and it just felt right. 

All we had left to do was find a date and make an appointment. A part of me felt like this was actually something that would never happen, but last Sunday, we went to a local shop (the same shop I went to to get my nipples pierced) and they quickly set me up with a date. Thursday, May 16th at 6 p.m.... Right after work... and only four days later.

That's when it hit me. This was really going to happen. I was extremely nervous and excited. All week this week I had been frantic and fidgety. In the back of my head during work I would hear my own voice going "This is permanent. Once it's done, it's never going away. Are you sure you want to do this?"

Of course I was! This tattoo was more than just a tattoo. This tattoo represented us. This tattoo would represent my relationship with Master and how far we have come along in our relationship. Our struggles that were overcome, our growth and patient with each other. This was going to be something that would forever be with me till the day I die, and while this scared me, I was ready for it and I was prepared to endure what ever pain it would take to be forever marked for Master. 

Even if something ever happens to us, it will still be a reminder to me that I overcame so much in my life, and I just know I won't regret it. Plus, it's awesome looking. Haha

Thursday evening came faster than I expected. Though I knew I was going to have Master by my side, I decided I wanted a friend to come along with me, and luckily for me one of my friends (who has I think 4 or 5 tattoos herself) was available and was texting me. I nonchalantly told her I was going to be getting a tattoo that evening and she asked if she could come, so I seized that opportunity and said we would pick her up on the way to the shop.

Having her and Master there was a huge help, especially with how nervous I was. After signing a waver saying I was over 21 years of age and I was not under the influence, the tattoo artists prepped the area and me for my tattoo. He sketched out a stencil and pasted it to my back. Slowly he peeled it away and had me look in the mirror. Immediately I know I was going to love it and was ready to get this done.

I remembered to wear my sports bra because I knew I was going I going to have to take my shirt off for where it was going to be placed. So off my shirt went and I laid down on my stomach on the chair/table he had. He did a test and asked how it felt. I told him it hurt and all he said was "Okay" and went to work. Haha

I'm going to tell all of you who don't have tattoos... if someone tells you getting a tattoo doesn't hurt, they are a liar and do NOT believe them. Then again, to some people it doesn't hurt. Some find tattoos pleasurable. Unfortunately I am not one of those people who do. The best way to describe it was it felt like someone was taking a scalpel and just cutting right into my shoulder blade. While he was doing the outlining it did, anyways. 

Honestly, the worst part of the tattooing process was when he was shading. Regardless of the pain, it was worth it in the end, and after it was all done and over with, I told Master I was ready to get another one. Funny enough, I wasn't kidding. The pain is well worth it, and I would gladly endure the pain again and again. As they say "No pain, no gain."

Cleaning it and taking care of it is fairly easy, and luckily for me Master is kind enough to tend to my healing tattoo and has been taking care of it for me. It's in a kind of hard to reach place for me, so it's always nice to have someone who can help you take care of things like this. 

As weird as it may seem, this tattoo has some interesting effects on our sex life. We had sex for the first time today since getting it done (I know, I know, it's only been two days!) and the sex was amazing. Master took me from behind and just knowing He could see my tattoo when He looked at me made me feel so submissive and calm. I felt like I was in the right place and feel so right. 

I am permanently marked for Master.. and I couldn't be happier.

NOW! Enough talk! Have a look at the tattoo! ^.^


Freshly done at the tattoo shop. So bad ass!!
Our friend gave Master this pendant to match my tattoo. =)




~*~Anastassia~*~


P.S. Top left rune means Harmony, Wisdom and Love, the Top Right Rune means Wealth, Fertility, and Success, and the bottom Rune means Harvest, Growth, and Rebirth

16 comments:

  1. Very cool hun, i feel your excitement for sure!! Isn't it terrific?? =)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a tattoo and i didn't find it painful, niggly but that's about it, i would say its dependent on the placement of the tattoo and the persons pain threshold.

    its a beautiful tattoo and nice that its relevant to you both, i think that's what makes them all the more special.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said some people don't find it painful at all. But I think you're right. Placement is everything too. Regardless it's well worth it.

      Thank you for the compliment as well.

      Delete
  3. Aww, man, I'm sorry I missed out on coming with...I almost asked if I could, when you called to tell me you'd made an appt, but I didn't want to be rude...I totally call dibs on coming with you for your next one, though! ^_^

    It really does look amazing! Sorry it was so painful (mine really didn't hurt at all, so I'm sorry if that expectation was partially my fault), but you stuck it out, and now you get to enjoy it forever ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had I known you wanted to come, I would have totally invited you! D= Next time I get one, I'm definitely going to hit you up for it.

      It's not your fault at all. lol Lots of people said it didn't really hurt to much. I just guess this was a more sensitive place on my body than I expected. The pain was well worth it and I'd go through it all over again. ^.^

      Delete
  4. I love your tattoo! Nice work, and I'm glad that it has so much meaning for you! Too many people get tattoos without enough thought involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! It's beautiful, and I am jealous..lol I got a butterfly just above my ankle before I met Master and it wasn't bad at all. But Master hates it (lol) and will under no conditions allow me another one, ever. Like, I am not allowed to ask or bring it up. Not sure what His deal is with tats...heavy sigh. I'd like another but not against His wishes. He feels the same way about piercings, of which I have none (grrr). Oh well. As property most of me is happy to be pleasing Him, regardless of my own wants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the tattoo. It must make you feel more owned and you must be very proud of it. Do you like the idea of it being visible if you wear outfits that show your back?

    And the fact you had to endure pain to get it probably adds to the experience. And the matching pendant for him is a nice touch.

    Can I have your permission to blog about marks and link to yours.
    I think it is a good topic.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I give you permission so long as you give me credit for my photos.

      Also to answer your question, yes I love wearing clothes that show it off and it does make me feel more complete

      Delete
  7. Looks awesome. I loved the way you explained its significance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really beautiful! I recently got an ownership tattoo, of his initials...
    I wrote about it here http://slavetomasterblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/owners-tattoo.html if you are interested.

    I didn't find it terribly painful, just a bit stingy at times. I don't know if I will get another or not, it is up to my Master.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I'll be checking out your post as soon as I'm done writing this comment. ^.^

      Pain is very subjective. What is horrible pain to one person could feel really good to someone else. I really want to get a few more tattoo's, but like you, it is up to my Master if I do or don't.

      Delete