Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Miss My Bear Bear...

I had a cat named Bear. He was a Maine Coon and he was the most loving and sweet kitty in the world. I had that cat in my life since I was 3 years old, and He died this past year on the 23rd of August. He lived 16 good years, and was loved every millisecond of them.


It's a bit late to be posting this, but then again, I didn't make this blog till the end of the year and August has been long gone.. lol...


The only reason I'm really worked up about it now and thinking about it, is because my friend lost her kitten last night and hearing her reminded me of the pain I felt when Bear passed away... Bear was my shoulder buddy. He'd lay across my shoulders and just chill there while I walked around the house. He was pretty much the most relaxed and laid back cat I'd ever known. You could do ANYTHING to this cat and he'd still love you and still follow you around begging for pettings and meowing his cute little head off.


At any rate. I wanted to share this bit of me, as Bear was a very important part of my life for the 90% of it that he inhabited. He always knew when I was upset and was the first one there to nuzzle up to me and love on me till I felt better. Bear was put down on August 23, 2010 due to having a hyper thyroid, which caused him to lose weight regardless of him eating abnormal amounts of food, and a blood clot that cut off the circulation to his back legs, preventing him from walking....


The vet said that the medicine that we could have given him would have had very little effect, and more than likely would not have helped any, if at all. Having that in mind, and seeing how much pain he was in, I couldn't bear much of it any longer... I said my goodbyes... cried all the way to the vet, all the way home.. and then cried myself to sleep.... Losing Bear has been the hardest thing in my life I've had to go through in a while.. and still to this day.. my heart aches for my little kitty to come back..


I hate my mind.. because right after it happened.. all I could hear was Bear's voice.. his persistent meowing to grab my attention, like he did every time I came home, but when I looked up.. he was no where to be found.. I heard that meow off and on for the next two weeks and all it was, was a haunting reminder that I'd never be able to hold him again....


Granted, me hearing his meow doesn't happen very often, but the last time I thought I heard it, I nearly burst into tears. I still miss him like crazy, and I'd do anything to have him home again, but alas, he is no longer in pain and he is in a better place...


R.I.P. Bear.. you were the best cat I could have ever asked for... I love you....








No comments:

Post a Comment