Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sex Doesn't Have to Hurt: An Informational Post

I don't talk about this a whole lot, but sex (more times than not) can be quite painful and even uncomfortable at times for me. For nearly a year now, I have noticed that it seems like I've been tighter than usual. I've always been tight, even after losing my virginity, but something seemed incredibly off. Finally, I've grown sick of it and while at my annual OB/GYN checkup yesterday, I brought this concern up to my doctor. 

She asked me a few questions about sex and when it hurts and where it hurts and how often it happens, you know, going through the whole informational process so that she could give me an accurate answer and solution to this uncomfortable problem. 

I actually don't mind sharing this information with you all, because you never know, this may actually help someone else out there who is experiencing the same exact problem I have. So get ready for some details. 

How she explained it to me is that at some point in the past, when I engaged in intercourse, my partner may have entered too fast and this created a reflex. This reflex causes my body to almost anticipate penetration and on a subconscious level, I am afraid it is going to hurt, so therefore, the muscles of my vagina can not relax, and sex hurts again. It's a cycle, but there is good news. It's a cycle that can actually be broken.

See, the opening to the vagina is almost like a sphincterIt is a muscle that tightens when penetration is not going on. In order to relax this muscle, have your partner insert a finger just past the entrance and gently push down for a few minutes until the muscle starts to relax. Also, incorporating foreplay into this will help relax the muscles of the vagina and once you both are ready to go, the pain should no longer be a problem. Including decent amounts of lubricant has also proven effective with this method, even if your body is already naturally lubricated and ready to go.

She also explained to me that if this is done enough (with lots of times doing this and lots of patience) the reflex of that muscle tightening and making sex hurt should eventually wear off and, in due time, should not be a problem again. So, yes ladies, we can retrain our bodies for less uncomfortable sex. =D 

So with this new bit of information at hand, Master and I actually took the time to practice this yesterday afternoon. I have to say, I am impressed with how right my doctor was, and I am more thankful than she could possibly imagine. Master had massaged the entrance of the vagina to help loosen that muscle and a few minutes later when we actually were able to have sex, there was no pain AT ALL. It was the first time in literally MONTHS that sex was not uncomfortable in the least, and that is why I officially swear by this method and am sharing this information with all of you.

I feel this is valuable information to have and should, at the very least, be tried once to see if that can help improve intimacy in the bedroom. Or wherever you crazy kids have sex at. Haha I hope this post was an eye opener to at least one person and I hope it has helped improve someone's sex life out there. Because good sex doesn't have to be painful. 

Remember folks: "The more you learn, the more you know. And knowing is half the battle." *giggles* Have a nice day!

~*~Anastassia~*~

P.S. For those of you who actually do try this, please feel free to post on here about your experience. I want to know if I helped, and even if it didn't help, you can share that too and at least you tried. Never give up. Sex can be very important in a relationship. ^.^ Also, if you have other techniques that work just as well, feel free to share that on here too! ♥

4 comments:

  1. I actually have the same issue! I've never been able to use tampons comfortably, and for years I was so tight that my ex's very small pinkie couldn't fit inside without me bursting into tears. My OB/GYN told me the same thing, and although I'm still pretty limited to finger-fucking, sex can be almost completely pain-free if I consciously allow my body to relax. Fast/sudden penetration is still a hard limit, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the sudden part is definitely a problem. That's why she mentioned on taking things slower from here on out. Best wishes.

      Delete
  2. Actually the only thing you said wrong is that the muscle is almost like a schincter. Actually it is a schinter muscle. Just like the anus and the mouth. You are 100% correct that the key is relaxation and not tensing up in anticipation of pain. I'm glad you are brave and honest to share your experiences to try to help other women with similar issues. I don't know a woman with those issues, but I'm sure several men do. So thank you.

    William

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem. Of course I want to share this because I am pro sex, and I'm pro safe and comfortable sex. Lol If I can find ways to help myself, chances are it may help someone else out too, and I don't like being greedy. Haha

      Delete