Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Positive Reinforcement

If there is anything that I have learned since becoming a slave, is that a relationship like this takes a lot patience, communication, devotion, and love. There is one thing though that snapped me back into reality just a little bit ago, and gave me a feeling like no other. That feeling can not be describe as mere happiness, or joy, or even pride. It's much bigger than that to me, and words are so minuscule to even dare try to phrase it.


Today, I was assigned a task. A small task that really did not require much thought at all. I was to clean the area between Master's bed and the closet, then clean the bed. Simple as that. For some reason, though, I felt the need, or rather want, to take it up a notch. I did as I was told, and then I decided to make the bed, then to clean by the t.v. stand, and I even put away all of the DVD's, movies, and books into a storage tub that fits neatly underneath Master's bed. I even decided to plug up Master's PS3 controllers so they would be charged by the time He wanted to play His games next. I also rearranged a few other things in the room so that there is plenty of space to move around, and neither of us would be tripping over it. 


Most of that was stuff I decided to do on my own, without Him asking, and I have to admit, I was pretty proud of myself. 


After I finished, I patiently waited till He got off work before preparing myself for the final touch. I heard Him pull up to the house in the truck around 6 P.M. this evening, and quickly positioned myself in the Nadu position in the middle of the now clean floor. A smile crept to my face as I heard the door open and heard His voice from the first floor of the house. He always lets me know He is home by saying "Hello" or something similar.


As I heard His foot steps ascending the stairs, I felt my smile get bigger.


"Hey hon."


"Hi Master."


"Oh hello~" He said with a smile.


"It's nice coming home to this."


The conversation carried on with Him complimenting on how nice the room looked, and I mentioned that a few other things were different. He couldn't quite figure it out, so I reached under the bed to pull out the box that held his games, books, and movies.


"Remember you had a hard time finding a place to put all of this? Well that is no longer a problem."


The smile upon His face was nice to see, but what really made the moment was when He embraced me in His arms telling me that this was a good thing, and that I was a good girl. That right there was the best thing I have heard all day, and brought a certain warmness and joy into my heart. Even removing His shoes after a long day made me feel at "Home." That was when it hit me, almost like an epiphany of sorts...


Positive reinforcement is key. It's one thing to want to serve, and to be given orders, but it's another thing when the Master is pleased, and in return the slave is pleased because he/she is rewarded with something as simple as "You're a good girl/boy." I not only was happy with making Him happy, but it made me feel wonderful to know that my efforts were not in vain and that, most of all, I was appreciated. Appreciation strikes home more with me than anything, because I have never really felt appreciated in my life. I think Master knows this, so something like a "thank you" or a little praise goes a long way with me. 


I was just asked by Him a few minutes ago of what I wanted as a reward for what I have done for Him, but to be honest, I already feel as if I've received my "reward."


~*~Anastassia~*~

2 comments: