Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Nights

Last night was possibly one of the best nights I have had in a while. I got to go swimming with Master, a few of his family members, and a friend of ours we haven't seen in a few months. What made this better was that said friend had been really stressed lately over various things happening in her life, and one of the things she said to me was that she needed this. She needed to be in the pool relaxing with friends and that it was a good stress reliever. Lots of laughs were had, she never once seemed to frown, we got caught up a bit, and it was just nice seeing that she was happy. (I really do care about all of my friends. You have NO idea how much I love each and every one of my friends and what I'd do to make sure they are happy. Seriously, my friends are like family to me).


It brought a smile to my face, knowing that she was able to finally relax and have fun and not worry about anything. She deserved it, and I'm very happy for her.


What really topped my night off, though was the quiet time that Maser and I were having last night. For those who are reading this, and are not in the Huntington area, last night was a beautiful summer night, for sure. It was warm, the fire flies were lighting up all around us, the stars were out twinkling in the clear evening sky and it just felt amazing to be out in that atmosphere. 


We sat outside of my house staring up at the sky and just talking about our past. How we met, the feelings and thoughts we had, even our first "date" that we denied forever was really not a date. (It totally was a date). Funny part, last night was pretty much just like the first time we ever hung out together by ourselves. Clear night sky, warm temperatures, the feeling of calm was in the air, and it just sends my heart fluttering like there is no tomorrow.


I had been dealing with an ass-hat of a bf at the time, and with Master knowing that (Of course at the time, Master and I were just friends) he decided that we should hang out together one evening. Go see a movie and just hang out and have fun. 


I did not regret it.


It was one of the best days I had all summer long, no lie. We went and saw The Dark Knight in theaters, ran into some friends, and just ran around downtown all evening long. After the sun had set, and all the street lights were on, He had decided to randomly show me his favorite spot in the city. Little did I know at the time that we would end up at the top of a parking garage, but once I found out about it, I don't know what caused me to do this, but I hid my fear of heights from Him. We made our way to the top, the wind was blowing gently, and we were just high enough to see most of the city from there. It was beautiful. It was like I had never seen downtown Huntington before.


I remember looking over the ledge and suddenly feeling dizzy, at which I turned to Him saying "I know this is probably a bad time to say this, but I'm terrified of heights, and I'm feeling weak in the knees and dizzy. I think we need to leave now." He ended up helping me down the stairs till we reached the elevator in which we were still holding hands in the elevator.


This sounds silly, but it was just like in the movies. There was a connection there, we still had our hands locked together without realizing it, and when we did it was one of those blushy moments where we awkwardly say we're sorry and look away from each other. It was.. cute...


I knew I had a boy friend at the time, but due to the fact that he treated me so poorly in our relationship, I almost didn't care that had just happened. I had someone, a friend, who treated me well, who was extremely nice to me, not to mention really cute, and despite we were supposed to be hanging out as friends (and I had plenty of money on me), He refused to let me pay for movie tickets, dinner, and made sure I was enjoying myself without thinking of Himself at all. 


Dude.. it was totally a date without us even trying. I mean really.. that never happens to me.


At any rate, it was just nice talking about it last night and talking about all those little feelings we got, and honestly, from the first time I had ever met Him, well before we ever hung out like that, (about two years to be precise) I knew there was something about Him. I always had some sort of feeling about Him, but I never understood it until now. I think somewhere in the back f my mind, God was probably hinting that I would be with this man and that I should be patient. I didn't get it at the time, but I really do think I was getting sent subliminal messages.


I've never been more thankful in my life.


Well, that is the daily mush. Hope you enjoyed. Haha


~*~Kitty~*~


P.S. All of what I typed up there, is the reason I love summer nights so much. You have no idea how much they mean to me and how happy they make me. I live for summer nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment