Thursday, August 4, 2011

Quality Time With a Friend! =D

Yesterday was the first time in months I got to hang out with my friend Angel and have a "girls day". Honestly, it was something I needed. I hardly ever seen any of my friends, and I see her the least out of all of them. We spent most of our day just sitting around her apartment talking, and having a great time. There were lots of laughs, ideas and feelings shared. Sounds all mushy, but it really wasn't. It was just two friends catching up, and it was awesome. 


There was something that happened yesterday, though, that really touched my heart. Angel opened up to me about some things I will not share, but know that she was very open, and honestly, it was very touching to me. I take pride in knowing that my friends can trust me, and I take even more pride that Angel trusts me the way she does. For the first time in years, I feel like I have made a legit connection with a friend, and I don't feel like I'm being used, or taken advantage of. This is what a real friendship looks and feels like, and I wouldn't want to trade it for the world.


She respects me, I respect her, and she is just a wonderful woman all around. She is probably one of the strongest people I know right now, and I am very honored to call her a friend of mine. I know this may seem odd, and I'm sorry if it does, but I really appreciate the fact that she is my friend. 


I have seen her grow so much in just the couple of years I have known her, and she has come a long way. She really tries her best at everything, and never backs down, even when times get hard. 


At any rate, it was just really nice to be able to see her smile the way she does now. We were talking about her accomplishments yesterday and I kid you not, her eyes lit up something amazing, and you could just tell that she was a much happier person than she's ever been before. Stuff like that always makes me smile. It's always good to know that you are friends with someone who is positive and upbeat, and who will not let the negative things get them down. 


We also got to watch It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and from now on, I'll never forget the Night Man song. In fact, it's still stuck in my head right now. Great episode. 


Master ended up joining us after He got off work, which was pretty fun. Later that evening, Panda came home from work as well, so all four of us got to sit down and talk about a few table top games we may get to be playing soon. Not going to lie, when Panda mentioned a Game of Thrones as a table top game, I pretty much became dead set on it. I hope we get to play it some time soon. 


Here's to more game nights, fun memories, and a bond of friendship that I hope never gets broken! =D

3 comments:

  1. Aww ^_^

    This post made me smile so much! I'm so glad you had as good a time as I did, and that we can trust each other with anything, from the mundane to the crazy. You are a truly awesome person and friend. I've seen you grow so much too, especially recently, and I'm so proud of you! It's so nice to know I have a friend that's supportive, and that can be happy with me! I love you!

    ~Bre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day man! Aa-aa-aaaaaaah
    Fighter of the night man! aa-aa-aaaaaaah
    Champion of the sun!
    he's a master of karate, and friendship for everyone!

    ReplyDelete