Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cone Fest 6. (Pictures)

This weekend was the 6th annual Kentucky Fried Cone Fest, which is featured every single year during Poage Landing Days. As a little back ground history, my Master and His parents are real good friends with Lenny Poage, who's ancestors became the founders of Ashland, Kentucky. Every year, he holds a slalom skateboarding event that is called the Cone Fest. Last year was the first time I'd ever been to this event, and I have fell in love with seeing these guys race, and taking photos of them ever since. 

Master, doing what He does best.

This year was amazing. I had gone to several races just like this throughout the year, so I have become rather acquainted with "the guys" (or rather, the guys who show up to these events a lot), so they have become like family to me. These people have got to be some of the best people in the world. They are so loving and caring, and are basically a big bunch of teddy bears. However, mess with anyone they care about, and all of them will be there at your back, making sure you're alright, taking down anyone who tries to mess with you. Needless to say, I got a bunch of hugs this Saturday, and we were all happy to see one another.

This year, I kind of divided my attention up quite a bit. Last year, I spent most of my time taking pictures (which I did that this year too), but this time around, I made sure I was available to help out with setting up the courses and running any errands for them and just taking care of my new found skater family. 

Saturday: Hybrid Course

Sunday: Giant Slalom Course
I was all over the place! I ran those two hills like a freaking maniac. It was good exercise, but I still got to snap a lot of photo's of all the racers. By a lot, I mean nearly 1000 photo's. I had well over 900 pictures by the time today's race ended this afternoon. Haha A little overboard? No~! Never~!! The hard work I did this weekend helped though, and it was nice that some of the guys thanked me for what I did. 

Master ended up winning 1st place in B class this year on the hybrid course, and 3rd place in B class of the giant slalom course. I'm very proud of Him. ^.^

Father vs. Son on the hybrid course, Saturday morning.
Master and His dad get to go head to head each year.

The big group of skaters this year.


These guys come from all over the U.S.. Some of them from Michigan, Texas, Chicago, Minnesota, Florida, and even California. Each year, they commute for hours just to come hang out with us and have a great time. Luckily, they never seem to be disappointed either.

Having a good ole time.
Naturally, I wasn't the only one taking photo's at the event. Here are two pictures that a young photographer, Jeanna Justice, took of Master and myself. ^.^

Photographer: Jeanna Justice

Photographer: Jeanna Justice

As shown in the photo's we had beautiful weather all weekend long. Granted, it was very hot out, but no sign of rain for us, and it served to be another fantastic year. Lots of laughs were had, we had a few new people to this years race, and they had a lot of fun here too.

One guy in particular, is called Texas Eddy. (The name says it all). I had met him earlier this year at the St. Louis slalom event in June. Since then, I have lost a lot of weight, and he made sure I knew it. Not in a bad way though. He was very supportive, telling me that he was proud of me and that I should keep doing what I'm doing. He was very encouraging, saying things like "You're beautiful the way you are, but if this is what you want, keep at it. You're already doing a great job, sweetie." Seriously, Texas Eddy is the bomb, but not just because of that. He is one big cuddly bear, who is there to not only be a friend, but have a great time. He really warms my heart.

Me with Texas Eddy. I look goofy, but oh well. ^.^;
At any rate, I just want to say that I am very blessed to know these people, and to be able to attend these events. I love each and every one of them with all of my heart, and I can't wait to see them all again.

To follow up, here are a few more pictures I took this weekend, that I found rather artistic. (Also, yes, I took all of these pictures, except for the two I posted that Jeanna took). Enjoy them. ^.^

~*~Anastassia~*










No comments:

Post a Comment