Thursday, November 10, 2011

From Ashes To A Phoenix

No, this is not a book (at least I don't think it is!) but this is something I truly feel about myself and how my life is turning out.

Basically, I started off my life small (not cause I was little), but as I grew older I have overcome obstacles galore, dealt with hard times all around, and somehow, I'm still coming out okay. Even better, I have blossomed into this beautiful young woman, who I never thought I would be.

Somehow, through all the chaos that has been involved in my life, I have burst through those ashes of my past life and became this wonderful thing. This astounding creature. I'm so proud of myself, and the decisions I have made. Even though times were rough, I'm pretty thankful I had to endure them. The fact that I survived means that I am a strong person, that I can overcome whatever life throws my way, and that I will come out stronger than before.

After all, if it weren't for those things, I wouldn't be who I am today. So in a way, I am thankful that I had to go through it all. Yes, it hurt an awful lot, and I spent months worrying and crying over it, but now that most of that is over, I can truly be happy with how everything turned out. Even better, if some of those things didn't happen, such as the divorce of my biological parents, I would have never met the love of my life, and I would have never met some of the most amazing friends that I have as well.

It's a known fact that times get rough, but stick through it. Anyone can make it out, so long as they keep faith, hold their heads high, and just keep going forward. For those of my followers that are reading this, know that if I can make it through a divorce, molestation, psychological abuse, and heartbreaks, so can you.

I wish to challenge my readers and ask them "Are you happy with who you have become?" Every one of you have strengths within you, and maybe you have not unlocked them yet, but know that you can, and you are strong. Each day we are alive is worth rejoicing over, because God has granted us this day to live on. We are blessed in our own ways.

So I challenge my readers again. Think about what has happened, the good and the bad, and try to think of how it has effected you in positive ways. Take the negative in your life, and flip it into something positive. Everyone deserves to be happy. 

I love you all.

~*~Anastassia~*~

5 comments:

  1. *big hugs* I'm so proud of you, Jess, for overcoming all the things you've been through in the past. I know it can be hard, because I've been there, and been through a lot of the same issues...it took me a long time to get to this point, to understand that it was okay, and that I was better off for all that I've gone through.

    Never stop growing, and keep on being the amazing, beautiful person I know and love so much. <3

    ~Bre

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Bre. *hugs tight* You're the best. I love you too. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had some tough times too, but they have made me who I am, and I do like who I am. Thank you for reminding us to appreciate who we all are.

    William

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may not like where I am now, but I like where I'm going. I like the part that lets me look back and distance myself from who others have made me and from what others want me to be. I'm working hard to overcome what others have done to me, and even harder to adjust the key behaviors that let me cope with it (although they are, to a one, unhealthy) into something that I can b proud of one day. I'm not there yet, but I will be.

    Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *hugs Certari* I have faith in you, and if it's any consolation, I think you are a wonderful, beautiful young woman. If you ever need to talk, please send a message my way anytime. <3

    ReplyDelete