Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I REALLY Hate This Dog...

Alright... I have held this in for long enough, and I've come to the point where I really just need to get this off my chest.


Masters' mom has this dog, Cairn Terrier, that goes by the name of Moose. For the most part, he is an okay dog, and I really stress the word "okay", because most of the time he is an annoying little monster. (Really trying not to cuss. Been working on that very hard as of late). Yes, this animal is nothing short of a flipping monster, at least in my opinion.


Before I get into everything I will admit that Moose has a slight excuse to act the way he does. He was a foster dog, and to our knowledge he was abused at one point. So when it comes to having your feet close to him, well.. pray to god you are wearing shoes.... Lets just put it at that.


He makes me a nervous wreck. This dog has been living in this house for about 2 years now, and while he is a little bit better, there is still a LOT of room for improvement. When he first came into the house, he bullied their Schnauzer, Baxter, and eventually he died from what we can only think may be stress. (If you don't think stress can kill an animal or person, think again). Moose also bullied around their other Carin Terrier, Kerry. Luckily Kerry is not the nervous wreck that Baxter was, and can stick up for himself fairly well. That's not to say that Moose does not still try to rule the roost.


During the course in which Moose has lived here, he has bit my Master three times, Masters' mom about four times, tried biting me five times (fifth time being tonight), and has bit one of our friends once, and tried biting another friend once. The first few times this happened it was because someone just got close to the dog with their foot. They didn't necessarily touch him. He just snapped and bit at them. Master has the scar on His foot to prove it. There have been times where someone accidentally did bump their foot into him, and he's definitely latched on those times too.


What pisses me off so much about this whole situation, is that Master's parents were warned that he is a biter, and they still took him in. Granted, this is their house, so I don't say anything about it, out of respect for them, and because I know it is not my place.


The first time he tried biting me, I was actually just petting him. I was on the ground, sitting actually, loving on him, when suddenly, with no warning, not a growl, nothing, he starts barking and snapping at my face trying his hardest to bite me. I quickly reacted by backing away, and in the process, my knee accidentally met his lower jaw and clopped his jaws together.


Not going to lie, I didn't feel bad. I didn't feel good about it either. It was completely unintentional, but honestly, I felt he deserved it. That was at the beginning of this year. Each time he lashes out and starts growling like he's some sort of caged monster/animal hybrid (when he certainly is not caged) it just infuriates me. I'm so sick of having to watch my step when I'm in this house, and in the beginning, I never had to. I'm so sick of being afraid that if I step the wrong way, or too close to this beast, that I'm going to get a pair of jaws latched on to me. This dog has drawn blood every single time he has bit someone, except one of the times he bit Masters' mom, and that was because she had shoes on.


What pisses me off the most though, is how EXTREMELY tolerant this woman is of this dog. She has it in her that she can change him. This dog is very old, about 14 I believe. There is no freaking way his habits are going to change. She even has him on a form of Prozac, and that has not done much of anything.


I'm not the only one that is not in love with this dog either. Master sure as heck is not a huge fan of him, and His dad... Well.. lets just say his dad and Moose have clashed several times, and one time was really bad in particular. Not getting into that though. Everyone in this house is trying really hard to give this dog chance after chance, and where some of us are more tolerant than others, where I was very tolerant at first, I'm starting to lose my temper. There is nothing more that angers me when some animal comes around and thinks he can bark and growl at me, especially when I haven't done a single thing to him. 


I have never kicked this dog, I've never hit him, and aside from accidentally getting his jaw with my knee, I have not done anything to harm this dog. His aggression towards me is fucking ridiculous, and I've had just about enough of it.


It's gotten so bad that I don't want to be in this house hardly at all anymore. Even worse, he pisses me off so much that I've had thoughts of throwing stuff at him (harmless stuff like pillows, that is) in hopes of scaring him away from me. I once had a thought of choking the dog cause of the way he acts, and it makes me feel horrible. I have NEVER felt this way about ANY animal in my life. 


There is something off about this dog, and I straight up don't like it. The level of anger I have towards this dog is very unhealthy, and it upsets me because I have never in my life reacted this way towards any animal that has came into my life....


This feeling I get when I'm around him is very unhealthy, and it messes with my head... I have never felt more like an awful person in my life until Moose showed up....


I'm just... so sick of this...


Dinner is ready, I'm going to go eat, and calm down... This...


I just need to stay away from this house till Moose either changes, or passes.... I can't keep living with these feelings. It's just not fair to me or the dog, and the stress I obtain from this is not fair either. I don't need it, the dog doesn't need it, and Master certainly doesn't need me this way either.


~*~Anastassia~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment