Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Very First Paranormal Investigation

Last night I got to go with my dad to this building called the Chesapeake Community Center. It was basically a gym. We met six others there last night for my first ever paranormal investigation. Turns out, I wasn't the only new one there either. I got acquainted with everyone and seemed to fit in right off the bat. There was the typical comic relief guy there, who everyone picked on. Needless to say, I got in on pranking him too with everyone else. He was so easily startled, and lots of fun to mess with. 

After we all made our greetings, we started setting up our equipment all throughout the building. The guy who was head of this investigation, Dave, installed his infrared camera downstairs, and then one upstairs. He had full view of both of those ever so long hallways. Once everyone was set up, we split off into different groups to start our investigation. I paired up with my father at first. 

What was really interesting though, is right before we were about to start, I looked down the first floor hallway while shining my flashlight, and I saw a distinct shadow of a man that was kind of slender and stood about 6 feet tall at the very end of the hallway. Thinking it was my dad, as it happened right when he was walking, I asked him to retrace his steps in hopes of making that happen again....

Nothing.

I asked him to walk backwards and forwards and still nothing.

I couldn't get it to happen again. Is it possible I just witness my very first shadow in person? Feeling kind of odd that I couldn't debunk it, and knowing I wasn't the only one who saw it, I think we might have actually seen a real shadow person. Still trying to make heads or tales of that. ^.^; Needless to say, that very moment, in my mind made me feel that this investigation was going to be promising, and boy was it ever!

While there last night, Dad and I experienced what we like to call a "phantom smell". A phantom smell is a scent that we humans pick up for a brief moment, and have no idea where it comes from. This is actually somewhat common when hunting for the paranormal. The sad part about this scent we picked up, was that it smelled that of a rotting corpse. One of the ways we knew that it was indeed a phantom smell is that when we were first at the very end of the hallway of the first floor, we never once smelled that. We came back a second time, and suddenly it hit us, and it was VERY STRONG. I mean, this stench had both dad and I gagging, and my dad never gags. Even more proof? It disappeared almost as fast as it showed up. We tried checking trash cans and what-not. Nothing. We didn't even experience it the rest of the night. Talk about strange...

Now, before I go on further about the awesomeness that happened last night, I wanted to make a point of letting those of my readers know that this place was really active before our investigation even started. We kept hearing little things here and there, like a little girl giggling, footsteps, the weights clanking against one another. Another interesting fact is that the place we were in used to be an elementary school, and there was a janitor that has been known to be seen there that goes by the name of Lloyd. Apparently he was really loved by the children there, and this guy was such a nice man that he would work on weekends keeping the school warm just so the kids could come back on Monday and have a warm school to come into during the winter.

Another tid bit, is that before it was ever a school, it used to be a common ground for the KKK and slaves were actually brought into this building, and lots of them never came back out alive. There is also another spirit that roams this place that goes by the name of Ruth Anne, who tragically died because a friend of hers committed suicide off a near by bridge and drug Ruth down with her. They both drowned. 

There is also the spirit of a little girl that inhabits the place, and I know for a fact she is there because we not only heard her giggling throughout the night, but I actually found her footprints upstairs.

Pretty sure that is the foot print of that little girl.
Actually when we caught this photo, right before it happened we were all sitting in the gymnasium and some of us heard the girl giggling and we headed upstairs to find this. It was exciting and weird. We ended up staying up there for a while and all of us kept seeing shadows and what-not, and hearing what sounded look foot steps and something clanging against the railing on the stair wells. It was awesome.

I took lots of pictures last night, but I have yet to go over them with my dad to see if we can debunk them or not. So for now, the best photo I have is of that foot print. 

At one point, earlier in the night, Dave and I were upstairs doing an EVP session and when I asked for any spirits to show us that they were there, and to give us a sign, Dave jumped and said he swore he saw what looked like a shadow arm and hand come toward the flash light and then disappear. So that was interesting. Sadly, I did not witness this myself as I was looking in another direction, so we can only go off of what Dave thought he saw. 

Once we made it back down stairs, we all decided to take a break from the investigation and most of the group went outside. Jim, the comic relief, decided he wanted to go to the bathroom at this point, and we had been jokingly scaring him all night. So when he went into the bathroom, Dave hid behind this doorway and waited patiently.

As Jim was coming back down the hallway, he was shining his light in ever crack where a person would fit, only to find no one was hiding there to scare him. One guy and I were yelling down the hall at him saying, "Told you he wasn't in here. He's outside with Dreama and the others." Then he passes the room where Dave was hiding....

He just walks right by him, SHINES HIS FLASH LIGHT ON HIM, and completely misses him!!! XD

At that point, the other new person and I were just sitting there looking at one another as Dave came creeping out of the room silently behind Jim. He then latched onto Jims ' shoulders and screamed at him, making Jim jump and run off into the gymnasium. We all started laughing our heads off, and the best part? I caught it on camera too. Sadly, blogger won't let me upload it on here, so I'll figure out a way to get it on for everyone to see...

Of course, Dave got me too. I was trying to get this ball to move on the floor, in hopes of interacting with a spirit,  when suddenly I hear Dave go "Hey Jessie.. Turn around." About that time I saw a ball rolling across the floor behind me, which, not going to lie, made me jump and I backed away going "What the fuck just happened?" Turns out, it was Dave playing a prank on me as well. I had to laugh, it was pretty good and it was pretty freaking funny.

All in all it was a fun night with shadow people, giggling, weird noises and just all time it was fun. I really hope to go back there again sometime. I really want to catch a picture of that little girl.


Sometime today we are going to go over our EVP sessions in hopes we caught something. I'll update this later when I know if we have more evidence or not. ^.^


~*~Anastassia~*~

2 comments:

  1. So cool! Sounds like you had an awesome time--that place sounds amazing! Glad you got to have some freaky experiences! Can't wait to see if you caught any fun EVPs ^_^

    ReplyDelete