Monday, October 10, 2011

Medical Science and Me

As some of my readers may know, I am currently studying in school to become an MA (medical assistant) and ever since I started attending these classes, I've not only learned an awful lot, but I never realized how much of this stuff I have actually practiced for a while now. What has me worried though, is that I've noticed I am starting to become overcautious with my day to day life. I've never been one to really take too many risks, but having the newer knowledge I do now, I am starting to be even more careful. 


One might say too careful.


It's amazing how fragile the human body can be, and it is even more amazing that the human body can actually take a significant amount of damage too. The anatomy is just... beautiful. I love the way we work, and to me it is nothing short of a miracle. We have several organs in our bodies, quite a few small ones too, and they are just so powerful and a lot of them do more than two things. Heck, the digestive system alone is just amazing with all that happens when it is working! 


Enough of that, though.


I have become extremely cautious as of late, and what worries me is that I am psyching myself out of experiencing certain sensations in my life. Granted, I'm not going to stop needle play, and I'm not going to stop letting Master asphyxiate me or nothing like that. I feel over protective. When Master does something crazy, I used to just look at Him and say something similar to "You shouldn't do that. You'll get hurt." Now, I don't necessarily have a mini freak out, but I'm far more aware of His actions. I actually watch Him, to make sure He doesn't get hurt. I love and care for him, so that is natural... I just.. I don't want to let this get control over me. 


It's a good thing I've already been certified in CPR and first aid! If anything DOES happen, I know how to take care of someone till professional medical help arrives. Sustaining a life isn't easy, but I have the training to help give what boost there may be. 


I was sitting in my medical ethics class last week, and we were going over what to do if someone were to pass out, or have a nose bleed, and a bunch of other things. I was thrilled to know that in all of the situations she listed off, (about 12) there was only one type of emergency I didn't know how to handle. I felt very proud of myself. I know how to handle it now though. So I can do just about anything at this point!


I'm just really happy that I decided to do this, and pushed myself into going back to school to learn how to do this. I know I'm going to do well, and I know I'm going to make a living out of this. I'm sincerely excited to finish this course and start my job in a hospital some day. 


~*~Anastassia~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment