Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sick

Yesterday started out great. I got a 95 on my Pharmacology final, and found out I have an A in English. I went to Master's house after my finals and got some lunch. After Master headed back to work a little after 12, I decided to play some Dragon Age II in order to keep myself occupied while Master was away. I played for about 3 1/2 hours before it hit me. I was suddenly really tired. I tried fighting it off, but eventually I gave into fatigue and a bad headache and fell asleep. 


I woke up around 5:30 when Master called me to let me know He narrowly escaped being at work for much longer and was on His way home. So I started waking myself up and getting myself prepared for Master to arrive. I noticed my headache was actually worse than before I went to sleep, so what ever possessed me to start playing that game again is beyond me, but there I was, sucked back into that game. 


Master came home about 15 minutes later and my headache was still attacking the front of my head around my sinus cavities. That's when I knew this was only going to get worse. As the night went on, I was starting to feel worse and worse. I went from feeling fine earlier that morning, to having to blow my nose, having a sore throat, and feeling achy all over. Eventually, I started to get stir crazy around 10:30 and despite feeling awful, I just wanted to go somewhere. I was sick of staying in a house all the time and I just had to move. I ended up cleaning Master's floor (he had just cleaned it Saturday night and it was already really messy) and got the floor cleared up so we could move around easily. I noticed Master just kind of watched me as I paced the upstairs floor, cleaning and what-not, and for some reason it only made me a little more agitated. I kept my mouth shut, though, and just went about my business. 


I think Master finally got sick of seeing me so restless and that's when He finally piped in. 


"That's it. We're leaving."


"Well, where are we going to go at this time of night?"


"We're going to go see some lights."


Every year around Christmas, Master and I like to go see the decorations on peoples houses. In my head, I was thinking "Anything to get out of this house," but even though we were leaving, I was still slightly unsatisfied. We ended up taking the truck and went driving around for about an hour, and finally I had calmed down enough. We talked about some things that has been bothering me lately, and I think that was probably the key thing that got me to calm down in the first place. 


Of course, my cold was only getting worse. Shortly after mid-night, we had to head to Walmart cause my throat was so inflamed and in pain that I needed some relief fast. I picked up some Vick's vapor rub, lozenges, Sore throat spray, and some cough syrup. This kind of got me through the night, but I woke up around 3:30am to not being able to breathe right, feeling light headed and my throat felt like it was on fire. I did the best I could with what I bought and struggled to get back to sleep. 


This morning, however has been filled with me blowing my nose constantly (in act, I had to pause several times while writing this to blow my nose) and tending to my sore throat. Granted, my sore is not nearly as sore, but it still sucks. I haven't eaten anything yet, and I'm really hungry, but I have a feeling I'm not going to be eating much today. 


Lets put it this way. I don't get sick very often, but when I do, it hits me REALLY REALLY hard. What really sucks about it, is that I lose my appetite, so I lose weight, but not in a healthy way. I won't be surprised if I lose about 5 pounds to this cold.


Another thing that sucks is that it's highly likely I'm going to have to cancel on seeing Angel and Panda tomorrow. I think Angel is finally started to feel better, and I don't need to get her and Panda sick again. This really blows. I miss them, but I know they will understand. 


Anyways, Master is finally here, so I'm going to end this and get something to eat, and get started on my last homework assignment, do some studying for my finals and pray to god I pass them tomorrow.


~*~Anastassia~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment